We’re recruiting! In search of DEAL’s Communities Lead…

Are you passionate about creating a world in which people and planet can thrive in balance?

Do you want to work with community-led organisations to turn the ideas of Doughnut Economics into transformative action?

If yes and yes, we’d love to hear from you!
(or please do forward this to others who might love this role…)

Doughnut Economics Action Lab (DEAL) is a new organisation working with innovative cities, community groups, businesses and teachers worldwide to co-create and spread brilliant tools and resources that turn the ideas of Doughnut Economics into practice.

We are now ready to hire an energetic, agile and creative person to lead DEAL’s work with community-based organisations that are drawing on the core concepts of Doughnut Economics to respond to the climate and ecological emergency and extreme social inequalities.

The role is a one-year full-time post, with potential for extension. You will be based at our office at Makespace Oxford, but there’s some flexibility to work from home in agreement with the rest of the team.

In order apply please download the full job description and the required application form.

You can also find out more about DEAL’s vision, purpose and strategy in our Strategic Plan 2020-22.

Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Friday 7th February 2020.

Interviews: 25th or 27th February 2020, in person or by Skype

If you have any questions about the application process, please write to team@doughnuteconomics.org

10 thoughts on “We’re recruiting! In search of DEAL’s Communities Lead…

1. 21 January 2020 at 22:44

Hello,

I would like to make a contribution to your teams work i areas of energy generation & energy efficiency as well as allocation of resources for education in areas of ecology, energy management, systems engineering and brain storming. Unfortunately I live & work in Melbourne Australia.

Cheers – Mr A.Khalif

1. 22 January 2020 at 00:03

At 85 and without a suitable CV, I am not applying for a post. However, following publication of ‘Doughnut Economics’ (I have a copy) I did try to respond via your email, but never got any reply.
      I criticized you for featuring the Citizen’s basic income apparently without recognizing its potential role in ‘being agnostic about growth’.
      This is another attempt to make contact.

2. Neil O'Brien
    22 January 2020 at 01:00

I too am interested in this role. I too have a copy of Doughnut Econoimics. I have a history of creating innovative products & business models, and yes, I studied Economics as part of my own University Course ..
    I too at one stage did try to contact you – but I too never received a reply.

“A doughnut or donut (the latter spelling often seen in American English) is a type of fried dough confection or dessert food. The doughnut is popular in many countries and is prepared in various forms as a sweet snack that can be homemade or purchased in bakeries, supermarkets, food stalls, and franchised specialty vendors.”
    Please keep this in mind as you read on:
    I once created and operated a new style of “OpenStyleBakery”, I encouraged local schools to visit like they would a swiming pool_ the childrens’ visits were fun, educational and healthy : this offer was well received/attended & certainly did bring in a lot of new customers … that bakery became the divine guidance of two feuding aussie franchises. My Point_ there were NO DOUGHNUTS or deep fried products in that bakery – THE DOUGHNUT IS NOT IN ANYWAY HEALTHY FOR THE HUMAN BODY LET ALONE SUSTAINABLE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.
    Why not re-badge & create a new image for the poduct – call it what it is… and once again I would suggest “Circular_” or “Regenerative Economy” – and yes, the “Kite Surfing GNP Analogy” is an excelent one, because no matter what Murdochcracy and the Polictical Power Bases Compromise on the issue of the #ClimateEmergency, they will still want to measure their growth in GNP terms!

3. JORGE RUBÉN VERA
    22 January 2020 at 01:11

Muchas gracias por la información, es muy interesante lo que ustedes realizan.
    Mi dominio de inglés es extremadamente básico de manera que agradezco la invitación a trabajar con ustedes, pero esa es una limitante.
    Saludos cordiales

4. 22 January 2020 at 05:50

Sounds interesting, but unfortunately I am based in Switzerland. Do you have any plans of expanding this activity to other countries. There are lot of organizations here that might be interested in collaborating. Personally, I am too busy with my New Year’s Resolution: https://nordborg.ch/2019/12/29/lets-solve-the-climate-crisis-in-2020/

5. 22 January 2020 at 07:49

Should you ever need somebody on the ground in Germany to help turn the ideas into practice, I’ll be happy to help. All the best. Frank

6. Paola Pane
    22 January 2020 at 08:01

Same here from Italy!
    Biologists and not economists are the ones who should be in charge 😉
    Keep up this good work.
    Best wishes,
    Paola

7. Bill Pickup
    22 January 2020 at 16:29

Great book. Important book! Crucial even. Good luck with finding someone for the complex rôle. When the time comes for mere foot soldiers, do let us know. Bill, West Wales.

8. Clive Lord
    22 January 2020 at 17:56

Pity about not publishing addresses – I would like to contact Neil O’Brien, who seems to be along the same lines.
    And I do think it is important for you to take up my point about missing the basic income’s potential for the crucial mind set change. Just a recommendation to read my blog? http://www.clivelord.wordpress.com

9. Luther Das
    17 February 2020 at 12:03

Doughnut economy well versed but too much philosophical. The theory ignored one fundamental issue : no words but I will explain – if you bring all Israel people to Philippines and all Philipinos to Israel in no time the land of Philippines will have Israel economy and the land of Israel will have an economy of the then Philippines.