Seeking graphic designers for Doughnut Economics…

Update: Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

At Doughnut Economics Action Lab (DEAL), our small team will be continually making presentations, publishing reports, creating videos, running workshops, and turning new concepts into icons and diagrams. We know the power of pictures – they are at the heart of our work – so we are aiming to do all this in a visually brilliant way.

And that’s why we are seeking to build long-term working relationships with 2-4 fabulous freelance graphic designers, based anywhere in the world, whose skills will collectively cover the following:

• designing and laying out DEAL’s online reports and publications
  • creating visual images (graphic and photographic) for our website
  • designing icons and diagrams based on our concepts
  • designing slides for presentations and videos
  • visually scribing during online workshops
  • creating videos from supplied footage

We are looking to work with designers who are:

• aligned with DEAL’s values and purpose, and excited about being part of this work
  • open to working closely with us, co-creating designs in an agile and iterative way
  • ready to design in a style that reflects our logo and brand guidelines
  • occasionally available at short notice and for quick turnaround on small design jobs

Doughnut Economics Action Lab is a mission-driven organisation set up in 2019 as a UK Community Interest Company. We work with others to create regenerative and distributive economies that meet the needs of all people within the means of the living planet. If you’d like to know more about us – our purpose, our plans, and our ways of working – you can read more in DEAL’s Strategic Plan 2020-22.

7 thoughts on “Seeking graphic designers for Doughnut Economics…

1. 15 May 2020 at 13:38

YES! I recently read Doughnut Economics, (OK, I listened to the audiobook) and thought to myself, I’d love to use my talents as a designer, illustrator and animator to spread this message. And then as if in reply, I was laid off from my full-time job of the past 10+ years with no notice, no severance and no health insurance for me and my family — in the middle of a global pandemic!

I am living the problem.
    I know the answer.
    I want to be part of creating the solution.

2. 15 May 2020 at 15:29

I’m extremely interested! This is an amazing opportunity. I’d love to share my experience and interest in supporting this project.

3. 15 May 2020 at 15:44

Dearest team, I would be more than happy to support with my graphic design and recording skills, skills I’ve been working with for the past five years.
    Im confident with real time graphic recording which Ive been doing for several conferences and would be more than happy to deliver these in an online format in this times of distance.
    Having graphic design knowledge and hand recording experience makes your needs match with what I can do, since I can deliver hand drawn graphics and summaries just as digital content for a website use or any print media needed.

I also took a course with Christian Felber on ECG a few years ago and would be honoured to support your initiative knowing the importance of your work.

In the past years I have been involved in various community driven projects (as well as alternative educational ones like the YIP Program and EDE-Glariseg) wishing to help people understand new tools and Provide simple imagery to navigate spaces of transformation.

This offer combines my passion for illustration and my wish of being useful in the entrepreneurial scene with it.
    I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
    Kristel

4. 16 May 2020 at 01:23

Thanks for the link to the DEAL’s Strategic Plan 2020-22. I probably missed this PPT in an earlier newsletter. I learned from it that DEAL not only has the imagination to plan forward but also to put theories into practice with brainstorm sessions and education materials. Great!

5. 18 May 2020 at 09:53

Bold Studio is a creative and design consultancy based in Glasgow. We are a social enterprise and focus 100% on the charity and social enterprise sectors. Please have a look at our work at https://www.bold-studio.co.uk/

6. Saadita
    18 May 2020 at 15:05

Hi, I am a professional interpreter/translator, for spanish. Would love to adapt this to a broad spanish-speaking audience. Feel free to contact me, greetings!

7. 2 June 2020 at 15:27

Application for the position of Graphics Designer

Dear Sir/ Ma’am,

Through Facebook reference i’m sending my Resume & Cover letter along with my Portfolio. Please find attachment.

Due to COVID19, i’am looking for Remote  – Work from home as a Full time / Contract / Freelancer or Part time basis as per company requirement.

Note: After lockdown can join office Location within Mumbai & Pune area only.

Thanks & Regards,
    Pankaj A.
    9545823448

Portfolio Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GWcnBOcX80EovbVQ5x_vwWTZDz-WD3lM
    PDF Password – 12345